Mother nature has given us a recent coating of fresh snow, with more expected next week. As the snowpack builds, so does the excitement for all of the fun winter activities to do in Mono County.
Here are projected opening dates (weather & conditions permitting) for some of our Mono County winter activities:
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Area (MMSA) - November 5, 2022 - OPEN
- High Sierra Snowcat & Yurt - Booking now - please check website for availability!
- Mammoth Mountain Scenic Gondola Rides - OPEN
- Year-Round Fishing - November 16, 2022 through April 28, 2023. Special rules & regulations apply. The regular fishing season begins each year on the last Saturday in April (April 29, 2023).
- Tamarack Cross Country Ski Center - November 19, 2022 - OPEN
- Woolly's Tube Park - November 25, 2022 - OPEN
- Mammoth Lakes Ice Rink (outdoor rink) - November 25, 2022 - OPEN
- Bridgeport Winter Recreation Area - December 3, 2022 - OPEN
- Mammoth Mountain Snowcat Tours - December 15, 2022 - OPEN
- Mammoth Mountain Snowmobile Adventures - December 16, 2022 - OPEN
- June Mountain Ski Area – December 17, 2022 - OPEN (early on 12/10/22)
- DJ's Snowmobile Adventures - December 17, 2022 - OPEN
Other resources for winter recreation in Mono County:
- Eastern Sierra Winter Recreation Map
- Inyo National Forest groomed snowmobile and cross-country ski trails map
- Inyo National Forest cross-country ski and snowshoe areas
- Bridgeport Avalanche Center
- Eastern Sierra Avalanche Center
- Weather and road conditions
- Webcams around Mono County
Please call us at 800-845-7922 with questions or for up-to-date information, or to request a visitor guide!