Fishing & Stocking Reports
The Mono County trout stocking program starts about two weeks before opener (last Saturday in April) and continues all summer throughout 21 bodies of water in Mono County.
Sustainable Fishing: Think "catch and release." A healthy Mono County fisheries system needs healthy fish. Keep only what you need release the rest to reproduce, grow, and become a Trophy Trout.
California Dept. of Fish and Wildlife Fish Planting Schedule
Sotcher, Starkweather and San Joaquin River, Middle Fork are listed under Madera County. For recorded information, call (855) 887-1275.
The Town of Mammoth Lakes also typically stocks the Mammoth Lakes Basin lakes and Mammoth Creek every season.
Local Guide's Fishing Reports:
- Ken's Sporting Goods: Experts on Bridgeport waters and surrounding area
- Performance Angler's: Bishop to Bridgeport
- Sierra Drifters: Crowley Lake, Owens River, Hot Creek & more
- The Trout Fitter: Mammoth Lakes and Bishop to Bridgeport
- FishMammoth.com: Eastern Sierra fly fishing report
- Easternsierrafishingreports.com: updated reports from all over the Eastern Sierra. Fish reports directly from the local guides, tackle stores, marinas and more.
- Western Outdoor News: updated reports from all over the Eastern Sierra.
Marinas and Lakes Fishing Reports:
- Crowley Lake
- Convict Lake
- Gull Lake
- Silver Lake
- Bridgeport Reservoir
- Walker River
- Virginia Lakes Resort
- Topaz Lake
- Bridgeport Fish Enhancement Program
- Crowley Lake
- East Walker River (Stream Gaging)
- Owens Valley Flow Reports