This year, take your Father's Day gift-giving to a new level - or elevation! Here are a few ideas to get you started on treating Dad to the perfect Father's Day:
1. Hit the water: Kayak, canoe, SUP, or boat rentals can be found all over Mono County. The toughest part of this plan is choosing one of the pristine, alpine lakes to go out on! Give us a call if you need a hand. And if you want to go with a guide, the Mono Lake Committee has canoe tours on Mono Lake, and Caldera Kayak offers tours on Mono Lake or Crowley Lake.
2. Craft beer and/or spirits tasting: Raise a glass to Dad at one of Mono County's fabulous craft breweries and distilleries: Big Meadow Brewing in Bridgeport, June Lake Brewing in June Lake, and four in Mammoth Lakes - Mammoth Brewing Co., Distant Brewing, and Shelter Distilling, and Devils Creek Distillery. Cheers!
3. Cast like a pro on a guided fly-fishing trip: There are several guide services available to teach you the perfect cast, set you up with the right flies, and get you to that sweet spot on the river! Learn more and find a guide on the Fishing page.
6. Saddle up for a horseback ride: A great way to experience some of the hikes throughout the area, horseback riding can take all ages and abilities into the backcountry and high alpine areas with ease. View our list of Mono County pack outfitters.
7. Memorable events to do over the weekend: Mammoth Feel Good Event, Bluegrass Jam in Crowley, Mono Basin Philarope Festival (follows the Bird Chautauqua), and Crowley Lake Perch Derby take place over Father's Day weekend - try your cast for cash and prizes!
8. Make Dad feel young: Visit Mono Lake. Dad will feel especially young at ancient Mono Lake - it was formed at least 760,000 years ago, with the most recent volcanic activity taking place only about 350 years ago.