Early snowfall in October has our hopes up for a great winter season ahead! See below for projected opening dates (subject to change due to snow, weather, etc.) for some of our favorite winter activities like skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, backcountry skiing, ice skating, and sledding:
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Area (MMSA) - OPEN (October 29, 2021)
- MMMSA Scenic Gondola Rides - OPEN
- Year-Round Fishing - November 16 through April 23, 2021. Special rules & regulations apply. The regular fishing season begins each year on the last Saturday in April.
- Mammoth Lakes Ice Rink - OPEN (November 26, 2021)
- High Sierra Snowcat & Yurt - Booking now - please check website for availability.
- Bridgeport Winter Recreation Area - OPEN! Please call the Bridgeport Ranger Station for more information: 760-932-7070, or visit the Bridgeport Avalanche Center website for conditions and free, mandatory permits.
- Woolly's Tube Park – OPEN (December 17, 2021)
- MMSA Snowmobile Adventures – OPEN (December 17, 2021)
- Tamarack Cross Country Ski Center - OPEN (December 17, 2021)
- June Mountain Ski Area – OPEN (December 18, 2021 - and kids 12 & under ski free all season long!)
- DJ's Snowmobile Adventures - OPEN (December 18, 2021)
- Rock Creek Lodge Adventure Dining - TBD
- MMSA Snowcat Tours - TBD
Other resources for winter recreation in Mono County:
- Eastern Sierra Winter Recreation Map
- Inyo National Forest groomed snowmobile and cross-country ski trails map and live grooming report
- Inyo National Forest cross-country ski and snowshoe areas
- Bridgeport Avalanche Center website
- Eastern Sierra Avalanche Center
- Weather and road conditions
- Webcams around Mono County
Please call us at 800-845-7922 with questions or for up-to-date information, or to request a visitor guide!